This Impressive Technique will Quickly Transform Any Landscape Photo! - Video

• Members

In this week’s episode, we discuss an impressive technique that'll quickly transform any landscape photo! If you were to ask me what I felt was the most impactful and transformative editing technique when it comes to landscape photography I'd say the wizardry that is Dodging and Burning. The benefits of Dodging & Burning are bountiful, but one of my favorite aspects of this powerful editing technique is how it can add three dimension and structure to an otherwise flat and boring looking photograph.

In this video, I review two different Dodge and Burn techniques both inside of Lightroom. One is more of a beginner approach while the other is an advanced technique using Range Masks, but both are highly effective when it comes to shaping the light in your landscape images. I hope you enjoy this week's video and are able to apply some of the techniques shown in your own landscape photos moving forward. Thanks for watching! - Mark D.