Fujifilm GFX 100S Review - Video

Martin Vronsky

• Members

We previewed the Fujifilm GFX100S a few weeks ago – now we're back with our final review based on a full production GFX100S camera. We look at image quality, image stabilizaiton, the new Nostalgic Negative film simulation, and more!

Full resolution sample images from this episode: https://www.dpreview.com/sample-galle...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

It's time I told you the truth. Is the Fujifilm GFX100s medium format camera really any good for landscape photography?

After shooting with it daily for two weeks I've learned all about the limitations of this pricey camera. It's time to give you the honest scoop.

Rather than a snooze fest of a review, I take you on an adventure up to Lake Agnes and Little Beehive in the spectacular scenery of Lake Louise.

I dodge repeated attacks from a dive-bombing 'camp robber', struggle to be heard over the noisy crowds but STILL managed to come away with an absolute banger...or maybe even two.

Brent takes his new identity to a whole new level and it seems I now have a new 'Number One Fan', but she's kind of demanding.

Will we purchase an overpriced instant coffee and a stale muffin at the tea house? Will I ever get used to 'Fabien' Brent's alter ego and which dog are we taking home with us?

There's only one way to find out.

Hit play and then hit Like.

VIDEO CHAPTERS:

• Intro Trailer: 0:00
  • The Mayhem of Lake Louise: 0:36
  • Hiking Up to Lake Agnes: 1:29
  • Arriving At The Tea House: 2:56
  • My First Landscape Photography Composition: 4:22
  • My Breakfast Is Stolen: 6:12
  • What is the Tea House?: 7:03
  • My Sunrise Shot: 7:44
  • Hiking Up to Little Beehive: 9:05
  • Photographing Big Beehive: 10:29
  • My Fujifilm GX100s Review: 13:22
  • Brent Shows Us Big Beehive Lookout: 20:37
  • My Square Crop Composition: 21:53
  • Don't Tell Brent He's Right + Brent's Shot: 24:49
  • My Timelapse Diagram of Lake Louise: 26:09
  • My New Number 1 Fan: 28:22

Thanks for watching
Gavin Hardcastle - Fototripper

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

For the last year, I've been using the Fujifilm GFX100S for landscape photography, so I thought it was about time to put together a review.

I cover the negatives, the positives, the myths, and the features I love most about this 100Mp camera.

The top screen is very handy and provides all the information I need, including a fantastic histogram, that I use all the time to monitor my exposure.

You can set long shutter speed times put up to 60 minutes for extended long exposure in the camera, no need for bulb mode. 

The quality of the lenses is amazing. The lenses can be a little pricey compared to full-frame lenses and have some weight to them.

Fujifilm has designed a camera that fits so well with how I work and the style of photos I take.

They’ve included the things that are important, compromising on the things that aren’t so important, to reach a price point that’s very impressive for a Medium Format camera.

Honestly, I couldn’t be happier.

• 0:00 Intro
  • 0:58 My favourite features of GFX100S 
  • 3:50 Myths about the GFX100S
  • 5:06 Shooting Handheld with the GFX100S
  • 6:37 Depth of Field of the GFX100S
  • 7:16 Are the files from the GFX100S too big?
  • 8:21 The negatives of the GFX100S
  • 10:38 What I love about the GFX100S

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I’ve been curious about the GFX100S since it was announced and this summer I decided to try it for myself.  Here are my thoughts on the camera and system after about a month of using it for landscape photography.

Chapters

• 0:00 Introduction
  • 0:59 Build Quality & Weight
  • 4:18 Controls & Ergonomics
  • 10:35 Image Quality
  • 20:24 Video
  • 21:06 Image Stabilisation 
  • 22:09 Battery Life
  • 22:49 Lens System  
  • 25:24 Conclusion 

• 4 months later...
  • Martin Vronsky changed the title to Fujifilm GFX 100S Review - Video
  • Members

In this week’s episode, we discuss my $13,000 camera and the costly truth behind medium format landscape photography. It's now been 2 years since I first purchased my Fuji GFX100s, which is the first and only medium format camera I've ever used. And although I know this is not a perfect system, nothing is, I never took the time to write down all the pros and cons along with the perceived hurdles I was expecting when I made the switch to medium format. These are those things that I thought would be challenges I'd need to overcome, but ended up not being issues at all from my experience. Although medium format photography is not for everyone, I do hope you enjoy this week's video and as always thanks so much for watching! - Mark D. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Buying new gear is always a risk, will it be the solution we hoped for, or will we regret it. Expensive is not always better. In this video I give my first unbiased impressions of my new acquisition, the Fujifilm GFX100s
I take it out close to home and photograph some little frozen cascades, and some beautiful backlit forest scenes.
Do I regret it?