The Power of Flat Light in Landscape Photography - Take Great Photos in Poor Light - Video

• Members

Today I show you why it is great to go out when the weather is a little bit flat ... It will make you a much better photographer and you can hone in your skills and focus on what really matters ... and that's composition and putting together a compelling photo. 

Sometimes when the weather is bad or just not quite what you wanted, it is easy to just write it off and go and do something else ... however, if you go out anyway, you can work on skills that you might not be so good at and before you know it, you'll be a much better photographer, so when those good days do come around, you'll know exactly what to do. 

You never see an orchestra practicing at a performance, so why would you wait for the light to be great before practicing your photography?

I suppose you could called this a landscape photography vlog ... but I prefer on location landscape photography!

• 0:00 - Intro
  • 0:04 - The Power of Flat Light
  • 0:46 - Tidy Up
  • 2:14 - Photography with intent
  • 3:01 - Don't write off the sky
  • 3:45 - How about shapes?
  • 4:22 - Are you photographing WHAT or WHERE?
  • 5:27 - Where I get my amazing music for these videos
  • 7:27 - Did the pano work out?
  • 7:49 - Add something to give scale
  • 8:07 - Quick tip for much better photos