Watch This Before You Buy Filters for Landscape Photography! (Screw & Slide) - Video

Martin Vronsky

• Members

In this week’s episode, we discuss filters for landscape photography and the differences between screw on versus slide in filters. This is something that's come up quite a bit recently and the question always remains the same, "Which style of filters is best for landscape photography, circular screw on filters or rectangular slide in filters?". Personally I use both styles, but when the question was first brought to my attention, I had to stop and think about what the reasons were that I still used both styles of filters.

In this video, I break down the pro's and con's of circular screw on filters versus that of slide in rectangular filters. You might think the only difference between these two styles of filters is just the overall shape of them along with how you mount them to your lens, but there's quite a bit more to it then that. So if you're looking to purchase filters for your landscape photography I hope the information in this video will help you with your buying decision. Thanks for watching! - Mark D.