Common Location Photography Challenge - Video

• Members

In this video entitled "Common Location Photography Challenge" I demonstrate that it's not impossible to make Honeypot locations your own!

Last week, after my Glencoe workshop, I hung around for a couple of days to make a video or two for the channel. This is video number one of two.

In this video, I visited the most photographed area of Scotland as a Landscape Photographer, The Buachaille Etive mor. It's so commonly photographed that you often have to queue up at first light to grab a shot or two. Due to the fact it's so popular, I've photographed the area at every time of day and year. 

Most photographers will literally visit the area and place their tripods down in the same place as countless others have in the past. They'll take the obvious honeypot sho,t which is fine by the way. But most will simply take the image as a tick-box exercise and walk away. Don't worry, we've all been there!

So here's the challenge... Could I possibly go to such a frequented location and find original compositions? As it happens...

I do love a good challenge but this was no easy feat!

Please watch the video to find out how well I've did

Gary