iPhone 15 Pro & Pro Max: We Came, We Saw, We Have Thoughts! - Video

Martin Vronsky

• Members

Chris, Jordan and Jaron went down to Cupertino for the iPhone 15 launch at Apple Park. What do we think of the new cameras, computational photography and video features? Find out now.

• 0:00 - Intro
  • 0:48 - High resolution images
  • 1:52 - Lenses
  • 3:22 - Portrait mode
  • 4:05 - USB-C
  • 4:35 - Night Mode
  • 5:10 - Log video
  • 5:35 - ProRes video
  • 6:37 - Stay tuned

• Members

iPhone 15 is the latest iteration from Apple which brings many updates that will be highly welcomed by anyone wanting the absolute finest smartphone on the market. In addition to many new features in iOS 17, the new iPhone lineup give us some key hardware updates to not only the camera system, but connectivity as well as processing power with the new A17 processor chip featuring a new 6 core GPU. From raytracing graphics to image processing, this is the best iPhone that Apple has released to date.

Thanks to Apple for the loaner phones and for inviting me to Cupertino for the announcement event. Accommodations were paid for by me personally. This video is not sponsored.

• Members

The Apple iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max are both largely built on the same hardware we saw last year, but the new A17 processor brings a number of major upgrades. How good is that 5X 120mm lens on the Pro Max? Is log encoding for video from a phone any good? What file type should you shoot? We have all the answers.

Note: We recommend you watch this video on an HDR-compatible display!

• 1:09 - Sample photos
  • 1:50 - Lenses
  • 3:15 - Resolutions
  • 4:32 - Custom button
  • 5:29 - Digital lenses
  • 7:52 - Portrait mode
  • 10:23 - Video features
  • 13:26 - Photo quality
  • 17:04 - Video quality
  • 20:00 - Conclusion 

• Members

In-depth camera tests of the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro by a professional.

• 0:55 - iPhone 15 cameras
  • 2:47 - Portrait & cinematic mode
  • 4:18 - Lenses
  • 4:44 - iPhone 15 Pro
  • 5:14 - Action button
  • 6:14 - Processor 
  • 6:54 - USB-C
  • 7:29 - Capture One
  • 9:29 - Lenses
  • 12:01 - Action mode
  • 12:41 - Apple Log
  • 14:29 - USB-C

• Members

Even though Apple put its best camera yet in the $1,200 iPhone 15 Pro Max (it does astrophotography better than the Pixel 7 Pro??). So to put the company's first 5x telephoto lens, USB-C port, and ProRes Log filming capabilities to the test I took it on a 1000 photos road trip through Southern California. It’s a great system, but it’s missing the last piece of being a “Pro” system. Presented by @Jeep 

• 0:00 sick intro
  • 0:33 5x telephoto lens
  • 2:45 7 “lenses”
  • 4:15 Portrait mode
  • 4:57 Night mode
  • 5:39 Video (including ProRes LOG) 
  • 6:44 4K 60fps ProRes Problem
  • 8:11 iPhone 15 Pro Max vs. iPhone (1st Gen.)
  • 9:06 What’s the missing thing??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Every year I take the new iPhone and put it up against my professional daily driver, the Canon R5 in real world situations. I’m a full time landscape photographer who lives in my suv on the road, living and breathing photography and making videos like this one. Last year I was absolutely blown away by the results of the new 48mp images from the iPhone 14pro. Because of that, we’ll be including in this years comparison to see if the new iPhone 15 Pro is a worthy upgrade or not. Lets just say that the answer left me emotional. So sit down,  relax, put me on in the background and join me as I take you along to some beautiful spots around Newfoundland and find some great images.

• 0:00 Intro
  • 0:35 Dynamics Test
  • 4:12 Color Science Test
  • 9:31 Midday Light Test
  • 13:51 Low Light Test
  • 18:10 The Answers
  • 23:10 Apple Log Video

• 1 month later...